Enlarged prostate or BPH is a men’s health problem that can cause difficulty in urination. Further, this prostate health issue can turn into prostate cancer, atop cause of death in men. Timely change, recommending a diet intervention of Saw Palmetto and other natural tips to improve prostate health are featured in this easy to implement article.
The prostate gland is responsible for men’s reproductive health. Another of its very important functions is to balance hormones. With age, chances of prostate cancer increase, along with BPH i.e. inflamed, enlarged prostate showing symptoms such as compressed urethra, difficulty in urination, resulting in frequent infection. BPH is the result of a biological alteration of testosterone (T) hormone into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by help of enzyme 5-alpha reductase. This reaction is responsible for the enlarged prostate or BPH.
Asan enlarged prostate is anage-related phenomenon, it is best to focus on prostate health at the earliest. Keep these natural tips in mind to live a hassle free life:
- Use a supplement such as Saw palmetto: Saw palmetto is a natural palm oil, widely used in treating symptoms related to BPH. Studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of saw palmetto in reducing BPH symptoms. Saw Palmetto was mentioned in the Journal of American Family Physician March 15, 2003 issue to be an effective natural herb that can be used in the treatment of prostatic hyperplasia, prostate enlargement and its symptoms. As a dietician, Saw Palmetto is my trusted solution for BPH or enlarged prostate. I advise all men to freely incorporate this in their diet. My recommendation is for using Saw Palmetto oil extracts capsules from BestSource Nutrition, which combine Saw Palmetto with Pumpkin seed oil. This combination gives 95% fatty acids that contains natural flavonoids and sterols to protect the prostate and maintain urinary health of men.
- Get active: Exercise can improve overall health. Low to moderate intensity exercise five times a week can help manage weight. Weight reduction can decrease the chances of high risk debilitating diseases such as cancer, BPH and can improve prostate health. Consider brisk walking, cycling, stretching, sit-ups, or swimming for maintaining your ideal body weight for prostate health.
- Add omega 3: Omega 3 has anti-inflammatory properties. Adding fish oil capsules gives optimum DHA and EPA for reducing inflammation and protecting prostate health.
- Avoid animal protein: High intake of meat has shown increased risk of an enlarged prostate or prostate cancer. This can also be due to the effect of meat hormones generating carcinogens during the cooking process. It is best to limit meat products, especially when you are genetically predisposed to cancer or an enlarged prostate.
- Drink green tea: Green tea helps you detox, removing toxins from the body. Detoxification can relieve BPH and prostate enlargement symptoms. Try adding Detox Tea from BestSource Nutrition to your diet. This has a combination of matcha, oolong, rooibos, green tea, cinnamon, ginger, and fennel, made to a specially crafted anti-ageing formula that protects overall well being.
- Load up on selenium and zinc: Selenium and zinc have a vital role in boosting immunity. Many studies suggest selenium and zinc protect against skin and prostate cancer. So, do not hesitate to include selenium and zinc in the diet – eat broccoli, nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds,pumpkin seeds, spinach, legumes, mushrooms etc. This again reinforces my choice of Saw Palmetto Oil Extract by BestSource Nutrition, which has the combination of Pumpkin seed oil and Saw Palmetto oil, with pumpkin seed oil being rich in Selenium.
- Stinging nettle helps: Stinging Nettle has anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor and anti-viral properties. Studies state that compound present in Stinging Nettle such aslignans, phytosterols, and polysaccharides modulate the immune system and protect against enlarged prostate and BPH. Adding Stinging Nettle leaf in your teatime routine once or twice in a day can aid prostate health and remove urinary infections.
- Do not smoke: Smoking is injurious for overall health. Smoking cigarettes can alter the hormone level in the body and increase carcinogens, which mark a clear link with prostate cancer.
- Balanced diet: Researches confirm that in case of stress, infection, or any changes in the body,nutritional deficiencies occur. These can lead to a decline in the body’s immunity. A well-balanced diet, with the right nutrients, helps in reducing stress, especially when a person is suffering from BPH or any infection and needs to strengthen immunity.
- Adopt lifestyle changes to destress: Stress affects overall health. Stress produces hormones such as cortisol, which elevate inflammation in the body. Stress also worsens BPH, affecting urinating difficulty. Lifestyle changes with exercise, healthy diet and mediation, deep breathing, or yoga can effectively re-balance the body. Eight hours of sound sleep alone can deal with most stress issues.
For ensuring that you enjoy life to a ripe old age, incorporate these 10 natural steps to effectively ensure prostate and overall health and a positive youthful outlook through life!