Bone density reduces with age, and calcium supplements become necessary to prevent osteoporosis. Cissus quadrangularis has profound bone healing properties. It has unique nutrients that promotes bone formation. From reforming a bone to healing fractures faster, this wonder herb has many other alternative beneficial properties.
Osteoporosis is a condition in which bones become weak and fragile. This condition leads to abnormally porous bone due to reduced bone density. Osteoporosis makes the skeleton weak and results in frequent fractures (breaks) in the bones. This condition may occur due to hormonal changes, deficiency of calcium or vitamin D, increasing age, menopause, and sometimes even lack of exercise. In Ayurveda, Cissus quadrangularis has long been using as a medication for bones and joints. Therefore, Cissus quadrangularis is also known as Hadjod, Asthisanghata, Kandavalli, Vajrangi, etc. Cissus quadrangularis is an age-old reliable formula for increasing bone density and healing bones and joints.
In comparison with the available chemical option available in the market, Cissus Quadrangularis extract and supplements are natural and safe for promoting both broken bone knitting as well as bone density and the health of joints. The following points explain how Cissus Quadrangularis supplements are important for healthy bones and joints:
- Bhava Prakasha and Chakra Dutta have referred to Cissus quadrangularis in Ayurvedic texts. Since ancient times, it has been recognized for bone health. Cissus quadrangularis has very high calcium, phosphorous, and steroid content. The plant has been used for repairing fractures and has shown marked healing and quicker mineralization of bones, aiding maintenance and development of bone density. I recommend the use of Cissus Quadrangularis capsules by BestSource Nutrition for the prevention of osteoporosis and for the early regeneration of bones.
- Calcium is an integral part of bone formation. However, simply increasing calcium intake does not help bone formation or maintain bone density. Many other aspects influence calcium absorption by the body. For instance, amino acids Lysine and Vitamin C aid in calcium absorption. Cissus quadrangularis stimulates the metabolism and increases the uptake of calcium, sulfur by the osteoblast to heal fractures. Cissus also contains Vitamin C and A, which are vital for collagen and bone growth and health.
- Various studies show that after a fracture, new bone formation and reduced healing time are noted with the use of Cissus quadrangularis. National Journal of Maxillo facial Surgery v2 (2), Jul-Dec 2011 and International Quarterly Journal of Research in Ayurveda v36 (2), Apr-Jun 2015 169-173 clearly state that Cissus quadrangularis causes considerable reduction in the healing time after a fracture. Cissus quadrangularis supplements have an anabolic effect, which stimulates the cells of mesenchymal origin – the fibroblasts, chondroblasts and osteoblasts. These cells stimulate cellular proliferation and bone mineralization. Mesenchymal cells within the bone marrow have the potential to become osteoblasts. Nutrients which encourage osteoblast formation(including calcium and phosphorous) are desirable for bone health.
Cissus quadrangularis supplement helps in strengthening bones to reduce bone-related deformities such as osteoarthritis and fractures by converting osteoblasts and enhancing the bone mineralization process. It also increases the uptake of calcium and the mechanical properties of bone. Thus, it reduces bone re-absorption and increases bone formation, thereby maintaining bone density. This herb is particularly beneficial for post-menopausal women and the aging people who are most prone to osteoporosis for this notable reason. There has reportedly been a 17% increase in bone density for perimenopausal women in a study using these natural supplements.
- Cissus quadrangularis supplements have also shows gain in tensile strength during studies. This is because these supplements build up the skeletal by getting more collagen, mucopolysaccharides, phosphorous, and calcium. The supplements repair bones and heal it with calcification. Here again, I recommend Cissus quadrangularis by BestSource Nutrition because it is standardized to 5% testosterone. Ketosteronesarea plant steroid, which accelerates bone healing by directly reduced inflammation and pain in joints.
- Cissus quadrangularis supplements also possess an anti-glucocorticoid property. Glucocorticoid with stress hormone cortisol may induce muscle breakdown and weaken the bones, causing lowered bone density, osteoporosis, along with loss of skeletal muscles. As Cissus quadrangularis is anabolic, it improves bone health and helps in maintaining muscle health during periods of stress.
This natural herb contains high bioactive regeneration properties for bone health. Cissus quadrangularis supplements stimulate osteoblasts and can be used to aid bone density and to prevent bone diseases such as osteoporosis by making calcium matrix or new bones.