Omega 3 fatty acids provide health benefits for all age groups. They enhance the functioning of each part of the body. The article emphasizes the scientifically proven benefits of omega 3 fish oil capsules that are readily available as supplements.
The omega 3 fatty acids that comprise of α-linolenic acid, Eicosapentaenoic acid, and Docosahexaenoic acid form an integral part of the human physiology. Several clinical investigations have been conducted to prove the diverse health benefits of omega 3 fatty acids. You can source your dietary allowances from fatty fish, flaxseed oil, fish oil, and other seafood. You can also consume natural omega 3 supplements to ensure an optimal intake of these acids in a capsule form. Taking supplements are more effective to enhance health and wellness, especially for persons not able to consume adequate amounts of these fatty acids from the regular diet. Here is a list of 15 health benefits that occur with the consumption of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are imperative for brain growth and development. DHA is an important constituent in the brain. Taking omega 3 fish oil supplements can enhance the functioning of the nervous system. These improve concentration and memory retention.
- The health benefits of omega 3 fatty acids for the heart have been proven. Several decades ago, studies on fish oil suggested that omega 3 fatty acids can be attributed to the lowered incidence of heart attack and stroke. Omega 3 capsules can reduce triglycerides by 20 percent. These fatty acids regulate blood pressure as well as prevent inflammation, the formation of blood clots and accumulation of plaque in the arteries.
- Omega 3 capsules can fight against several autoimmune diseases such as type1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and ulcerative colitis. Many research evidences shows that obtaining optimum levels of these fatty acids during the formative years prevents risk for autoimmune disorders even later in life.
- Stress, depression, and anxiety are the most common problems we face. These reduce the quality of life. But consuming omega 3 capsules have been proven to fight depression. EPA content of these fatty acids is as effective as any prescription antidepressant drug.
- Omega 3 capsules can decrease behavioral problems, aggression, hyperactivity, and restlessness in children. Fish oil supplementation also serves as a valuable treatment for ADHD.
- There has been a lot of research connecting wholesome health benefits of omega 3 fatty acids to lessen symptoms of metabolic syndrome. High blood pressure, central obesity, high triglycerides, low HDL, and insulin resistance collectively constitute the syndrome.
- Omega 3 capsules can benefit people with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Omega 3 fatty acids decrease violent behaviour and reduce mood swings. Fish oil has been associated with improved memory retention. It also reduces the incidence of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Several studies prove that consuming omega 3 capsules can enhance vision, prevent macular degeneration and blindness.
- It was found that on consuming fish oil, the omega 3 fatty acids significantly reduce menstrual pain in women.
- Consuming omega 3 fatty acids decreases the risk of asthma in children. It also reduces inflammation and swelling in the lungs.
- There is a steady increase in the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Omega 3 capsules can reduce the accumulation of fat in the liver and suppress inflammation.
- EPA and DHA together enhance bone and joint health.
- Omega 3 can improve athletic performance by reducing muscle soreness and providing faster recovery from inflammation.
- One of the important health benefits omega-3 supplements offers is that of improved sleep patterns and providing a better quality of life.
- They also keep the skin healthy and prevent premature aging.
So, do make sure that you utilize the benefits of these supplements to gain optimal health.