- M.sc Food and Nutrition (Gold Medalist),
Certified Food Safety Auditor (ISO 22000:2018)
For natural health and prevention of joint pain, it is vital to restore flexibility and mobility of the joints. As degradation of bones results in arthritis, osteoporosis, and joint related problems – further causing immobility.
Healthy joints help us stay mobile as we age. Ayurveda emphasizes bone and joint health as essential pillars in the mid-age of 30’s to prevent brittleness of bones and fractures in the later age.
If joint care does not begin at right time, it could result in joint pain or impaired physical motion. Any inflammation of joint or injury to joint can result in joint issues such as joint pain, joint stiffness, and joint swelling. This can be acute or chronic like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, lower back pain and osteoporosis.
Therefore, this article suggests five simple ways to prevent joint pain;
1. Consume Anti-inflammatory Foods:
Anti-inflammatory foods can help prevent its occurrence and provide relief from pain. As our food choices influence the level of inflammation in our bodies, the anti-inflammatory foods curbs chronic inflammation in arthritis.
Sources: Fish, nuts and oilseeds, berries, green leafy vegetables and tomatoes.
Essential nutrients for bone and joint health: Calcium, Vitamin D, Zinc and Magnesium.
2. Correct Your Posture:
Proper and correct posture prevents stress and added pressure on the joints and reduces the risk of muscle injury. Include strength training exercises for abdomen, chest, and lower back to balance the movements of the body and to prevent joint stiffness. Also perform weight bearing exercises such as – walking, running, cycling, and jogging.
3. Know About Natural Herbs:
- Shallaki: Gum resin from the plant is used as a natural medicine. Its anti-inflammatory properties have found extensive use in Ayurveda, to relieve joint pain due to arthritis.
- Methika: A vata-naashak and its paste soothes pain and can also be used in weakness related to body pain.
- Haldi: It’s anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties are widely acknowledged. Research also shows that, Haldi can significantly reduce knee pain in people with osteoarthritis.
- Bala: This herb is used in Ayurveda to provide nourishment and improves body strength. Therefore, utilized for arthritis treatment and lessens the soreness of muscles that eases joint mobility.
- Adrak Extract (Ginger): This herb shows analgesic effect (pain reduction) and a potent herb that relieves joint pain and improves digestion.
- Rasana Root: Has significant antioxidant activity and in Research by Shamsul et al, 2017, the efficacy of rasana root extract was held to be responsible for reducing free radical damage to joints and in improving joint health.
Best Source Nutrition’s Fit Body Joint Care has all above seven safe, natural and proven herbal ingredients that supports Joint Care with following benefits;
- Inhibits pro-inflammatory enzymes hence lowers joint inflammation
- Restores Joint function
- Provides Antioxidant protection
- Eases joint stiffness and joint pain
These herbal ingredients are traditionally used in Ayurveda since years and have substantial clinical studies for natural health.
4. Watch Your Weight:
According to the Arthritis Foundation, every pound of excess weight you carry results in an additional four pounds of extra pressure on your weight-bearing joints. By achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, you can limit the amount of stress on your joints and reduce your risk of joint damage.
5.Concentrate On Activity:
Avoid staying in one position or sitting for a long period of time. Low impact exercises and stretching help your joints stay mobile and may even help you shed some extra pounds.
To restore normal mobility in older age, it is essential to understand the measures necessary to protect and support bone health in combination with the use of Fit Body Joint Care.