Flaxseed oil contains all essential fats of Omega-3, 6 & 9. In comparison with flaxseed or alsi powder that you can eat, flaxseed oil capsules offer improved health benefits as it contains a more concentrated form of omega-3 fat and other vitamins.
There has been a lot of discussion on the health benefits of flaxseed Oil supplements. Flax seeds are also known as Alsi seeds and linseeds. Flax seeds are cultivated in cooler regions and counted among the oldest crop’s humans eat for health. Alsi seeds are a good source of omega 3 fats, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Omega-3 refers to essential fatty acids or ALA (alpha linolenic acid) which converts in the body in its EPA & DHA form. Alsi seeds or flaxseed oil supplements contain Omega 6 (linoleic acid) & 9 (oleic acid). Combination of all three of these fats makes flaxseeds a healthy food offering miraculous health benefits. Alsi seeds and flaxseed oil supplements have multipurpose benefits. People traditionally eat flaxseed as an ingredient in many dishes such as in stews or soups, mixed into smoothies or shakes, in breads, or as a garnish on the top of cereals, salads and yogurts. New research proved that regular use of flax seed oil capsules or its supplements may lower the risk of the following diseases or conditions:
- Diabetes: According to a review study, eating flax seed oil capsules or any of its supplements as part of one’s diet may provide benefits by decreasing insulin resistance in diabetics and pre-diabetics; it also reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Heart Disease: Are rich in essential fats—Omega 3, 6 and 9. A retrospective study proves that if you eat a daily 1g/d of ALA, the intake lowers the risk of heart disease and cardiovascular benefits.
- Immunity: A study done on schoolchildren has concluded that daily intake of flaxseed oil supplements in children’s diet may prevent children from contracting infections. This is because the health benefits from flaxseed oil’s vitamins E and Omega 3 content.
- Weight loss: Flaxseed oil capsules are high in essential fats, which directly increase the metabolic rate of the body (which helps to burn extra fat), and ultimately offers benefits of taking the body into thermogenesis. This health beneficial action is done by linoleic acid.
- Healthy Skin: Alsi seeds fight against dry skin and eczema by providing nourishment to the skin pores.
Flaxseed or alsi seeds are available to eat in many forms such as whole alsi seeds, flaxseed oil capsules or powder and flaxseed oil soft gels. People generally eat flaxseed powder or flax oil capsules, as both have significant nourishing benefits. However, the best form by which one can get complete health benefits is often unclear.
A recent market study advised consumers not to purchase powdered flaxseed or alsi seeds, as ground alsi seeds can easily get oxidized (by heat, light& air), turning the seeds or oil rancid. Rancid flaxseed powder should be avoided, as it is toxic and cancer causing.
The following points explain why flaxseed oil is the best health option offering maximum health benefits:
- According to controlled study done in India on 120 patients, who were suspected of acute myocardial infraction, when their diet was supplemented with ALA rich oil, the study concluded that their cardiac health improved after supplementation as compared to the placebo group.
- Flaxseed oil capsules are rich in fats but powdered flaxseed easily can be rancid as these contain unsaturated fat that is more prone to being exposed and turning rancid. This property affects the shelf life of both the powdered alsi seeds and of flaxseed oils, making the flaxseed oil contained in soft gels the best solution to prevent rancidity.
- Flaxseed oil generally holds more than 50% of ALA (alpha linolenic acid) Omega 3 fatty acids whereas ground seeds usually contain 20% of Omega 3. Likewise, ALA from flaxseeds oil is easily absorbed by the body as compared to powdered seeds, due to thealsi seeds’ high fiber content creating problem of solubility when eaten.
- Flaxseed oil contains a relatively more concentrated form of vitamin E content as compared to powdered alsi seeds. Vitamin E is known as the anti-ageing vitamin. It helps maintain elasticity of skin and hydrates the skin.
Flaxseed or alsi seeds are more commonly available as oil and soft gels form. Flaxseed oil, being highly volatile, can easily turn rancid and sunlight may change its nutritional value. Hence, choosing the right product to eat is very important. After much research, I have discovered one of the finest flax oil capsules from Flaxseed oil Capsules. I always recommend these soft gels to my clients because its special packaging protects the flaxseed oil soft gels from light, oxygen, and heat. The soft gels are in an amber shell packing and the extraction method of the flaxseed oil is cold pressed to ensure maximum health benefits from this pure flaxseed oil. Thus, if you are searching for the right supplements to offer maximum health benefits to include alsi seeds, which will complete your entire health requirement, then flax oil capsules or any of its supplement are well worth to adding in your healthy diet.