Nettle leaves are power packed with vitamins and minerals with numerous health benefits. This article explores more nettle recipes to apart from Nettle leaf tea to obtain its health benefits.
Urtica dioica (stinging nettle leaf), known as nettle leaves provides a variety of nutrients vitamin A, B, C and D. It is also abundant in calcium and has higher bioavailability when compared with other leafy greens. Nettle leaves provides 42% of the RDA of calcium and contain iron, magnesium, and beta carotene.
Nettle leaf tea also aids in detoxification, manages kidney health, and promotes immune health due to its Vit-C content, which is the need of the hour. There are many brands available in market with varying nettle leaf price due to different sourcing. I have used Best Source Nutrition’s dried nettle leaf from Kashmir. It is easy to prepare - herbal infusions, nettle leaf tea blends, thus providing immunity and manages creatinine levels at competitive online nettle leaf price.
1. Nettle Leaf Infusion:
Nettle Recipe of Herbal infusion is different from nettle leaf tea. Nettle leaves are the perfect to make infusions and reap its maximum nutrient benefits.
- To make a nourishing herbal infusion, add 1 tbsp of dried nettle leaves into bowl
- Fill it with boiling water, put a lid on it and let it steep for overnight.
- If you wish, add a pinch of mint leaves or lime slice for flavor.
- Next morning, strain out the liquid. Enjoy one or more healthy cups of the nettle leaf infusion daily.
- Infusions are delicious when taken cold. One can sweetened it with honey/jaggery or any other natural sweetener.
2. Nettle Soup:
Nettle leaf soup can be made highly nutritious by further adding ingredients such as spinach, mushrooms, vegetable stock, asparagus and so on. Here’s the simple version of the soup!
- In a pan, sauté onion shallots and garlic in olive oil for 3–4 minutes, until golden brown. Add boiled potatoes, vegetable stock, salt, and pepper and simmer about 10–15 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, add BestSource Nutrition’s nettles leaf and stir.
- Once cooled, blend until very smooth. Squeeze a dash of lime and blend again.
- Add toppings with a swirl of yogurt or sour cream or sautéed mushrooms or diced nuts. Sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves.
3. Simple ways to add Nettle leaves:
- Use fistful of nettle leaves in your favorite smoothie to add a distinguishable flavor.
- Sprinkle dried nettle leaf powder on your sandwich fillings to make it more palatable and nutritious.
- Try to add dried nettle leaf in fresh and raw salads or salad dressing to provide unique taste.
- Even nettle leaves can be added in salad dips or in poached eggs for added flavor and nutrition.
4. Nettle leaf tea blends:
- Blends are the mixture of medicinal herbs along with nettle tea leaves to increase the nutritional benefits.
- Herbs such as rosemary leaves, lemon peels, peppermint leaves, crushed pepper can be added along with nettle tea leaves while making the tea blends.
5. Nettle leaf chutney:
- In a pan, add oil to sauté red chillies (2), garlic pods (5), cumin seeds (1 tsp) and dried nettle leaf (5 tbsp).
- Allow them to cool for a while and add all the ingredients to the blender along with grated coconut (half cup) and blend them with salt as per taste.
- Pour the blended mixture in a bowl and add as accompaniment for your main dishes.
Best Source Nutrition Nettle leaf pouch is available online at best nettle leaf price to obtain multiple health benefits. Nettle leaf for hair is also a common usage since it aids hair problems. Most way is to take nettle leaf tea or use Nettle hair pack.
The above-mentioned nettle recipes will be beneficial in incorporating nettle leaf on day-to-day routine.