In today’s world of smart phones, the “smart”brain gets a miss. How to improve the cognitive and brain health is a modern era concern. Memory boosters and brain food is what you need!
Are you trying hard to recollect a phone number? Did you forget what you had to say next? Such episodes of short-term memory loss indicate a situation wherein recalling becomes difficult. Our brain’s cognitive functions are responsible for counting, remembering, focus & concentration. When nerve signals are distorted or interrupted, our brain may not be able to communicate at the right time.
These top 10 tips tell you how to improve brain and cognitive health by adding a few easy memory boosters& brain foods to your life:
- Exercise regularly: Exercise improves blood flow to the brain. People who exercise have better cognitive conditioning and are more alert to respond to any situation. Besides keeping you physically fit, exercise helps release pent up energy and is the best way of how to improve your mood by releasing feel-good hormones.
- Use brain-specific supplements: Dietitians often tell you that good fat is required in your optimal brain food diet. For better functioning of the brain, your diet must include essential fats such as Phosphatidylserine, which is a major component of brain health & is responsible for passing cognitive signals that allow us to respond to stimuli better. A steady supply of this fat can be optimized by a naturally acquired brain food supplement Phosphatidylserine from BestSource Nutrition. It maintains neuron support, memory, and neuroplasticity for better communication, learning, focus, and storage of memory (Glade MJ et al, Nutrition 2015; 31(6):781-6). This is a safe and well-standardized supplement & is an authentic solution of how to improve cognitive health.
- Eat healthy fat:Some healthy fats such as Omega 3 fatty acids have a significant role in how to improve cognitive functioning, especially related to old age capacity loss, and are natural brain food. For conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s Omega 3 can be a potent brain food and memory-booster. Omega 3 supplements from BestSource Nutrition can be used for the optimum supply of these healthy fats throughout the day and are an answer to how to improve brain and cognitive health.
- Use your brain to stay young: An inactive mind is often responsible for age-related cognitive decline. Attending workshops, continuing education and an active pursuit that requires learning can ignite the memory booster part of your brain. Any new learning forms new connections between neurons and this is an easy way on how to improve cognitive and brain health. Age-related changes in lipid profile may also make one more prone to cognitive decline. A steady supply of good fat omega 3 and phosphatidylserine is necessary to avoid the consequences of any decline in cognitive ability. A study in the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition 2010 Nov, 47(3): 246-255 states that learning new skills has a very positive result on memory, especially for elderly subjects.
- Meditate:Meditation inculcates a lot of positive energy and helps you to remain calm. This is very important for stress management, realistic and positive thinking. This is another simple effective way of how to improve physical as well as mental health.
- Solve puzzles: Challenging your brain does wonder! Sudoku, crosswords, monopoly, or scrabble are all easy ways to equip your brain for problem-solving and decision making, thus improving cognitive health. Puzzle-solving is an easy solution of how to improve reasoning, focus, and is a natural memory-booster.
- Reduce stress:Emotional disturbance is a leading cause of cognitive decline, especially in adults. There are many ways to combat stress. Letting go of any issue, talking it out, engaging in sports or exercise, and meditating are a few options that may help deal with the little worries and concerns. These prevent your stress from being converted to chronic anxiety, which may impair brain health.
- Treat depression: Stressed and depressive individuals are more likely to experience cognitive decline as they age. Addressing the issue and treating it at the earliest can restore brain health and overall well-being. Phosphatidylserine helps the brain to make new neurons that make connections to improve response. Thus, it is a memory booster for people of all ages.
- Sleep well: Lack of sleep, improper hours of sleeping, insomnia are among current leading issues that impair attention, as they negatively affect overall cognitive ability by secreting more stress hormones into the system. A good night’s sleep can help you to unwind and get up fresh, with an alert and active brain.
- Listen to music: Listening to music has a long-lasting effect on physical and mental health. It calms the nerves, uplifts the mood, and increases cognitive functions.
Just as we would not want to drive with a poor GPS signal, we also need a strong response from our brain. Getting accurate information at the right time is essential for communication and all functions of life. For smooth mental functioning and enhanced brain and cognitive health, Phosphatidylserine by BestSource Nutrition- the brain food supplement –is essential to maintain neuroplasticity and neuronal communication.