The immune system of human body fights against harmful microorganisms and various diseases. Regular use of an antioxidant supplement such as grape seed can boost the body’s immunity and help maintain good health.
Immunity is the key to the sustenance and survival of human beings. It is vital to have optimal immunity for a healthier life. A strong immune system ensures graceful aging and reduces the chances of disease. Reduced immunity can have many causes such as asthma, immune deficiency disease, and autoimmune diseases.
The best way to boost natural immunity is to supply the body with potent antioxidants that increase the production of B-cells and T-cells, both responsible for the smooth functioning of the immune system. Antioxidants could prevent the cells from damage in the most natural and effective way.
One such powerhouse source of antioxidants is grape seed extract. Grapes are a very popular fruit because of their unique taste, but they also offer a bunch of health benefits. Every part of the grape plant can be used to improve health. The grape seed is particularly very potent in nature due to its dynamic healing properties. With the recognition of this factor, grape seed extract supplement is becoming the first choice among antioxidants. The grape seed extract is incredibly potential due to its oligo proanthocyanidins (OPCs), a complex content that offers ant allergic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory properties as well as being capable of fighting viruses, carcinogens, and free radicals. According to a study published in the Journal of Medical Food, the antioxidant power of proanthocyanidines is 20 times greater than that of Vitamin E and 50 times greater than Vitamin C. I always recommend Grape Seed Extract to my clients for primary or secondary treatment. My choice is BestSource Nutrition’s Grape Seed Extract as it contains 95% of OPCs, which are much more than the contents of any other supplement available in the market. Further, extraction of this supplement is done using a unique water-based technology to ensure the purity of the extract.
Let us check how grape seed supplement boosts immunity and helps us to prevent the most debilitating diseases:
- The supplement activates The pathway of the immune system: Yh1 and Th2 are pathways to regulate the immune system. Grape seed extract supplement can improve health by activating the Th2 pathway.
- OPCs help to produce glutathione, which protects and strengthens our DNA: Bioflavonoids protect the cell membrane and repair the damaged DNA. This protects us from arthritis or any joint pain. Grape seed extract feeds the soft tissue collagen around the joint. This helps in healing and regenerating tissues.
- As its primary function is to eradicate free radicals, which are toxins produced by the body: Grape seed extract supplement plays a major role in cancer therapy. Grape seed extract supplement by BestSource Nutrition helps in the detoxification of the liver, removes toxic substances that lead to cell mutation, and can result in cancer. Studies show that grape seed extract reduces the growth of cancer cells in breast, skin, colon, lung, and prostate cancer. A study published in the journal, Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2008 June, states that grape seed proanthocyanidins inhibit oxidative stress and protect the immune system for cancer prevention. Grape seeds extract supplement also has the added benefit to combat the poisonous radiation of chemotherapy.
- The body has its way of fighting to age, but pollution, stress, poor diet, and improper care can all lead to sagging of skin, wrinkle formation, acne outburst, and pigmentation of skin in many cases. OPCs can protect us from premature aging: They do this by increasing the levels of Vitamin C and removing the free radicals from the cells. They thus improve the elasticity of the skin. According to a review paper published in Cosmetics 2015 by Maria Luisa Soto, grape seed extract targets cosmetics molecular systems by showing potential for controlling skin aging, make skin rejuvenate by slowing pigmentation, clearing skin complexion, and all features that improve skin appearance.
- Overexposure of skin to ultraviolet (UV) rays harm human health, including the development of skin cancers. Grape Seed Extract has a unique ability to reduce ultraviolet (UV)-rays induced damage caused by overexposure to sunlight: A research article by Santosh published in the Journal of Molecular Nutrition Food Resource 2008 stated that proanthocyanidins present in grape seeds reduce UV-induced oxidative stress, and also provide immune support that can decrease the photocarcinogenesis process.
All points above prove that grape seed extract can be an efficient supplement that helps improve the overall immune system for good health and longevity.