A scientific approach to achieve weight loss is important to prevent deficiencies of nutrients in the body that result in various health issues. A healthy body should be achieved using proper diet, eating healthy foods and using the right natural fat burner to support a healthy body weight.
Carrying extra layers of fat on our body is very uncomfortable. It often leads to many health problems such as diabetes, heart diseases, kidney malfunctions, etc. A change in lifestyle and eating habits is necessary for healthy weight loss. Often, weight loss is connected with the word diet and, in turn, diet is linked with starvation. The truth is that a healthy diet does not mean giving up many foods. Diet is a practice of eatinghealthy foods in a regulated and supervised manner to ensure the maintaining of the balance of healthy nutrients.The following guidelines should be understood for achieving healthy weight loss.
- Calorie dense v/s nutrient dense foods: Calorie dense foodsor energy dense foods contain high amounts of calories per serving. These foods also provide nutrients but nutrient dense foods provide higher levels of nutrients with few calories. Some calorie dense foods contain ‘empty calories’ as they provide energy from calories without any other nutrients, for example—sugar. Instead of counting the number of calories, we should emphasize on the quality of calories offered by various foods in our diets. Fat-rich foods are calorie dense while fruits and vegetables are nutrient dense foods.
- Nutrition labelling: We can make healthy food choices by reading the nutritional information provided on the nutrition labels of various packed food products available in the market. The labels can provide important information such as the optimal portion size, ingredients, calories per serving, number of servings, nutrients present in the foods, etc. Some important things to read from these packaged food labels are the foods’ calorie content and its source, sugar content, its amount and type of fat, sodium content, etc.
- Space foods in your healthy diet: Consume frequent small meals instead of just two or three big meals in a day. This prevents you from getting very hungry at a particular time and prevents food cravings. Moreover, skipping breakfast can lead to a lower metabolic rate, making weight loss much more difficult.
- Portion size: Limit your food intake in every meal to just the right portion size. Intake of excess food portions results in excess calorie intake in each meal.
- Increase metabolism: Along with controlling the calorie intake through healthy diet, increasing the metabolic rate of the body is very important for achieving healthy weight loss. A healthy boost to the metabolism can be achieved through regular exercise, increased daily activities such as climbing stairs and the consumption of fat burners. Specific fat burners available as supplements help to naturally increase metabolism and suppress appetite. Certain fat burners such as LOSE FAT™ from BestSource Nutrition decrease body fat by decreasing the body’s glucose and fat absorption. This fat burner contains certain natural food extracts that help suppress appetite and simultaneously increases the body’s metabolic rate.
- Water intake: Drinking 12 glasses of water every day is important to prevent bloating and its resultant excess weight. Additionally, if you consume a glass of water before every meal, it will naturally prevent excess eating.
- Type of fat: There are two types of fat: visible and invisible. Visible fat includes fat that we use for cooking such as oil, ghee and butter. Invisible fat is present naturally in certain foods. Certain foods such as nuts, milk, seeds, certain fishes, meat, etc. contain higher amounts of fat than other foods. Consumption of fat-rich foods should be restricted for healthy weight loss. In addition, not more than 20 % of the daily diet’s entire calorie value should come from fat. Avoid saturated fats such as ghee, butter and mayonnaise. Consumption of healthy MUFA and PUFA oils such as flaxseed oil, groundnut oil, olive oil, sunflower and rice bran oil is beneficial. They directly act on deposited body fat to decrease the stored fats’ quantity. Therefore, these fats are also known as fat burners.
With adequate knowledge about right diet, nutrient intake, regular exercise and help of supplements, achieving healthy weight loss is ensured.