Omega 3 fatty acids, with EPA DHA, are required for a healthy heart. Fish is a good source of omega 3 benefits and thus fish or supplements such as fish oil capsules should be consumed to maintain a healthy lipid profile.
Today, many people use a variety of health supplements such as vitamins, calcium, supplements for increased energy, etc. A popular supplement that has attracted my attention is fish oil capsules. Fish oil supplements are good source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Omega 3 fatty acids belong to fats called polyunsaturated fatty acids. These good fats are present in foods such as nuts, seeds, and fishes. It is important to have a good balance of the EPA DHA derived from omega 3 fatty acids to get maximum omega 3 benefits, especially for the heart.
- As omega 3 fatty acids are not produced by the human body, omega 3 benefits need to be obtained from the diet or dietary supplements such as flaxseed oil or fish oil capsules. Diet alone cannot fulfil the requirement of omega 3 fatty acids. So, to balance this requirement and enhance health from omega 3 benefits, fish oil capsules become necessary.
- Eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (EPA DHA) are two sources of omega 3 benefits derived mainly from fishes and fish oils. EPA DHA is polyunsaturated fatty acids which form in the body in very small amounts from another omega 3 source called alpha linoleic acid (ALA). EPA DHA is also referred to as marine omegas as they are mainly obtained from fishes. Other plant sources of Omega 3 fatty acids lack EPA DHA. Hence the consumption of fish oil is necessary to meet the requirements of EPA DHA, which are not formed in the body in the required amounts. Research proves that a daily intake of approximately 500 mg of omega 3 (EPA DHA) fatty acids is necessary. All this EPA DHA requirement usually cannot be met by fish consumption alone. Omega-3 fish oil capsules, along with other foods offering omega 3 benefits, help us to meet this requirement.
- There are various important omega 3 benefits for our body. Omega-3 fatty acids are extracted from fatty fishes like sardines, herring, mackerel, etc. Consumption of oily fishes or fish oil is beneficial, but Omega3 benefits are most easily gained from concentrated capsules of omega 3, with adequate sources of recommended dietary EPA DHA levels. Studies show that EPA DHA found in fish oils is vital for our heart, brain, and immune system. Other omega 3 benefits are that EPA, DHA is important for improved cognitive function in mild Alzheimer’s disease.
- Omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil are known to reduce inflammation. Thus, these EPA DHA rich capsules can curb joint stiffness and pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Also, since omega 3 benefits include anti-inflammatory properties, these capsules are good for the health of skin and hair. Omega 3 benefits the hair follicles and makes hair smooth and shiny. Omega 3 benefits aging persons by preventing memory loss and maintaining healthy joints.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are recommended for athletes due to their protective features such as improved metabolism and increased energy expenditure. Omega 3 benefits include lowering the triglyceride levels in the blood and improves HDL (good cholesterol). Omega 3 fatty acids, consumed as EPA DHA rich capsules, along with exercise and a healthy diet can aid weight loss.
Omega 3 fish oil capsules from BestSource Nutrition are a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. They are made from natural triglycerides extracted from the healthy deep sea sardine fish, which can be easily absorbed by the intestine. These capsules are free of heavy metals and have no fishy smell. Thus, dietary sources along with fish oil capsules can help us attain a good EPA DHA concentration in the body, promoting better health.
- Fish oil is known to reduce the LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol) levels in the body. It lowers triglyceride levels, reduces the risk of high blood pressure and is very good for heart health.
- Also, some studies show that fish oil can reduce the symptoms of ADHD in children and improve their mental skills of thinking, remembering, reasoning, and learning. It is very challenging to meet the requirement of EPA & DHA through food alone. Some algae and marine animals do produce EPA & DHA, but they are not eaten in very large quantities to provide all omega 3 benefits required by the body.
- With all the above health benefits, Omega-3 fish oil also good for hair growth and skin. Fish oil nourishes the hair follicle for stronger hair and lower skin inflammatory activities such as acne, rashes, dullness, which ultimately makes clearer, brighter skin with strong hair.
Omega-3 fatty acids fall under essential fatty acids but our body itself cannot manufacture these fats. It is very challenging to meet the requirement of EPA DHA through food alone. So, supplementing the diet with Omega-3 Fish Oil capsules or soft gels is a good solution.