Chamomile (FlosChamomillae) is a natural herb or flower, which has many health benefits such as being an antispasmodic, antiflatulence, gastric soother and anxiety & stress buster. Chamomile flower can be consumed as aherbal tea.
With increasing workload and mental pressure, most of us deal with daily stress or anxiety. Although stress and anxiety are normal for healthy people, if prolonged or chronic without relief, stress and anxiety cause adverse effects on health. Stress and anxiety can play a part in various problems such as headaches, insomnia, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, skin conditions, asthma, arthritis, depression, and even panic attacks. Moreover, stress and anxiety are often associated with poor appetite, reduced mental ability, coordination, and overall poor health. Thus, stress and anxiety create a vicious cycle. Once developed, these can cause panic, which can have detrimental health effects.
Talking about remedies, stress, and anxiety are side effects of the modern lifestyle, so there is nothing much that we can do to prevent these conditions. Although long-term remedies are limited, thanks to Mother Nature, we have some effective natural remedies that not only reduce the level of stress in our body but also enhance the quality of life.
Chamomile (Flos Chamomillae) is one of these natural remedies for stress and anxiety. Even I end my day with a soothing herbal tea made with Chamomile Herb or Flowers by BestSource Nutrition. Here are some important health benefits of chamomile flowers-
- Chamomile has been used for ages for its various health benefits. It contains an essential oil α-bisabolol& related sesquiterpenes, Chamazulene, flavone glycosides, and flavonols.
- The tannin level in chamomile is less than one percent. Its constituents, especially α-bisabolol, possess antimicrobial properties since it has shown inhibition of the growth of many bacteria in in-vitro studies.
- Chamomile extracts have shown inhibition of the production of prostaglandins, which are known as the natural inducers of inflammation. Thus, chamomile is considered anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Chamomile exhibits antispasmodic properties as well. Apigenin, alpha-bisabolol, and cisspiroethers etc., which are natural contents of chamomile, have shown significant antispasmodic and spasmolytic effects. This feature makes chamomile herbal tea useful in treating menstrual cramps.
- Chamomile herbal tea has been used extensively to treat various digestive ailments such as dyspepsia, epigastric bloating, flatulence, etc.
Chamomile herbal tea has shown effectiveness in the treatment of stress-related restlessness and in mild cases of insomnia due to anxiety or nervous disorders.
Chamomile herbs or flowers are usually consumed in the form of herbal tea. An herbal tea made of chamomile can provide soothing effects on anxiety. Post dinner is the best time to take Chamomile herbal teas it is very low in tannin levels; thus it helps to make you calm and relaxed without any side effects and also facilitates a restful night's sleep. So, using this herb boiled and brewed as a natural herbal tea can provide many benefits. This is reason enough to adopt the use of this herbal tea.
All the benefits of this miraculous herb can be availed just in the form of our regular post-dinner tea. My personal choice is Chamomile Herb or Flowers by BestSource Nutrition, as these are sourced from the finest natural surroundings of the Himalayas. The manufacturing process is carefully managed from harvest to formulation using state-of-the-art technology to guarantee the highest quality and purity of the produced as dust-filled tea bags.