Grape seed extract has multiple benefits providing a nutritional supplement that strengthens the immune system, acts as a potent antioxidant, and improves overall skin and health.
Grapes are very popular due to their taste and numerous health benefits. They have distinctive elements which make them marvelous foods. Grapes are a rich plant content of the powerful antioxidant Oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), which prevent many adverse health conditions. OPCs are a more potent antioxidant as compared to Vitamin C, E, and B-carotene. It is notable that OPCs are found in grape seeds, which we do not usually consume. The grape seed extract is thus the best way to supplement their nutritional requirement. Grape Seed Extract supplements contain the perfect mixture of tannins and Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes. These contents of grape seed extract impart exceptional benefits to our nutritional health.
Some remarkable health benefits of the amazing grape seed extract nutrition supplement include:
- Strengthen the immune system: OPCs help the body produce glutathione, which is a potent antioxidant that protects DNA and strengthens the immune system. Thus, grape seed extract is useful in improving the overall health of a person by strengthening immunity.
- Chemoprotective function: Studies have found that OPCs may inhibit the growth of colon, prostate, breast, stomach, and lung cancer cells. OPC act as aromatase inhibitors, which helps treat cancer, specifically hormone-dependent breast cancer. OPC exhibit selective cytotoxicity toward selected human cancer cells, while enhancing the growth and viability of normal cells.
- Treatment of cancer: Various cancer chemotherapeutic agents induce cardiotoxicity and neurotoxicity. Many studies imply that concomitant administration of antioxidants may prevent these adverse effects. Research studies that assessed the effect of Grape seed extract along with administration of chemotherapeutic agents as cancer treatment suggested that OPCs ameliorate the cytotoxic effects on normal cells and tissues induced by chemo/radiotherapy. Thus, for cancer patients on chemo or radiotherapies, grape seed extract can reduce the side effects of chemo/ radiotherapies, with health benefits for the patient.
- Hypertension: Studies suggest that grape seed extract may be used as adjunctive treatment in patients with mild hypertension as grape seed extract is associated with the decrease in systolic and diastolic pressure. According to a study, this nutrient-rich supplement may decrease bad cholesterol to an unremarkable degree especially when taken by high-risk populations.
- Better heart & heart functions: Studies suggests that ingestion of high dose procyanidins causes an increase in blood flow. Thus, these supplements help in regulating blood circulation and in improving cardiovascular health. They increase intracellular vitamin C levels and strengthen capillaries, thus improving blood oxygen circulation throughout the body.
- Improves overall well-being: Grape seed extract is considered a master antioxidant as it contains 95% OPC, which is more than any other antioxidant extract. Thus, grape seed extract improves the overall health and immunity.
- Healthy & Younger Skin: Grape seed extract benefits include its unique property of free radical scavenging, which helps fight cell damage caused by harmful free radicals. This property protects skin from UV radiation damage. As a potent antioxidant and improver of overall blood circulation, this supplement is believed to provide the best nutrition for the skin. It guards the skin against sun damage, which causes aging of the skin.
- Protects Eyes: Grape seed extract quenched free radicals and protects retinal cells. In a recent study, it was proved that polyphenols offer benefits to eye health through the ability to reduce macular degeneration along with decreasing visual stress caused by computer screens.
- Positive effect on leg swelling: According to a study, it is hypothesized that OPCs can decrease leg swelling during prolonged sitting, which may be a causative factor for varicose vein thus grape seed extract help in reducing leg swelling.
- Role in Diabetes: OPCs protect pancreatic cells from lipotoxic effects (death induced by lipids) thus aiding normal insulin secretion. Also via complex interactions with glucose uptake, they may augment or mimic insulin according to studies.
While choosing a health supplement, it is important to understand its source and method of extraction. A unique water-based process using enzyme technology extracts BestSource Nutrition’s Grape Seed Extract. It does not use alcohol, to guarantee high nutritional quality. It is also standardized to 95% OPC, which makes it more effective and safe to consume as a nutritional supplement. For healthy skin and better immune functions, this amazing product is strongly recommended.