The red clover herb contains isoflavones, offering many benefits for women, especially in enhancing fertility, menstruation and menopause, by relieving symptoms of hot flashes and moodiness.
Women’s reproductive health is affected by numerous physiological changes. Key changes are:
- Menarche, when menstruation starts in a woman’s life, indicating fertility.
- Pregnancy, the physiological state of carrying a developing embryo or fetus within the women’s body.
- Menopause, when menstruation stops and fertility declines.
- Post menopause, when women are no longer fertile.
Hormones are involved in each of these stages. The huge interplay of different hormones often causes a lot of perplexing symptoms for women in each stage. However, proper education and care can help relieve most symptoms.
Although medical treatment plans such as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) are now available, natural herbs & herbal products are known to provide significant benefits to women during menstruation, PMS, pregnancy, and the stages of menopause. Red clover is one such natural remedy offering multiple benefits for women.
Red Clover (Trifolium pretense) is a natural herb. The benefits it offers women are manifold:
- Red clover offers benefits in pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) as isoflavones in the herb act as a natural hormone stimulant ideal for balancing the body’s hormone levels. Red clover provides essential nutrients to the body, including vitamin C, thiamine, and potassium that reduce PMS symptoms and soothe cramps during menstruation.
- Red clover is one of the best pregnancy preparation tonics. It benefits by providing many valuable nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, vitamin C, thiamine, etc. It also helps in balancing hormones and has a positive impact on the circulatory system by improving blood circulation. This quality also aids in improving blood circulation to genitals for reproductive function and enhancing fertility. Due to all these properties, Red clover is used extensively in pregnancy and fertility tonics.
- Red clover is known to be one of the richest sources of isoflavones (substances like naturally occurring female hormone estrogen). It may attach to the estrogen receptors thus balancing hormones and providing various benefits, especially relieving hot flashes i.e., a sudden feeling of heat in the torso or upper body, palpitations or increased heart rate, night sweating, mood swings, and preventing bone loss. Because of these properties, the herb is extensively used in relieving symptoms that trouble women during menopause.
- Red clover has cholesterol-lowering properties. Research shows that the isoflavones found in red clover are associated with an increase in "good" HDL cholesterol in pre-and post-menopausal women. Thus, it impacts cardiovascular health.
- Red clover improves bone mineral density. The herb slows down the natural process of bone loss and provides various minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, etc., which helps maintain bone health in aging women.
- Red clover helps detoxification. Research shows that red clover has diuretic properties. It removes toxins from the body and acts as a detoxifying agent for regular use.
Due to all these benefits, Red Clover is prescribed by many health care professionals and nutritionists to women for various stages of menstruation and PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome), menopause, and pregnancy preparation to provide symptomatic relief and to ensure optimal health.
Red Clover nourishing herb for her from BestSource Nutrition is a remarkably beneficial product for women for their overall health benefit. Its properties make it an extremely useful health supplement, and thus, women safely use this product for good reproductive health.