It is easy to blame stress, hectic life, or lack of sleep for low libido. However, sometimes, a chronic illness such as Diabetes often cause side effects of affecting the normal sex life. As problems in sex life may hamper the quality of life, let us quickly examine symptoms and see if diabetes care supplements could be a cure.
Roughly 75% men and 35% women suffering from diabetes face problems in their sex life due to chronic long-standing diabetes or high blood sugar. It is of great concern if your sexual feelings change or intercourse becomes painful or difficult. Chronic diabetes or chronic high blood sugar can be among the causes that have side effects that include a hampered sex life. A disturbed sex life, low libido, loss of sex drive can be especially frustrating if someone has previously had a thriving and satisfying sex life.
Uncontrolled chronic diabetes and sometimes irregular intake of prescribed diabetes care supplements can affect a person in several ways. Chronic diabetes has side effects on nerves called neuropathy wherein the nerves are damaged due to high blood sugar. High blood sugar can block the blood vessels in the genitals causing erectile dysfunction (inability to have erection), problems of and ejaculation, retrograde ejaculation (semen enters bladder instead of penis) or reduced sexual stimulation. Men with diabetes are also found to have low testosterone levels, which may reduce their sexual desire. Numbness, pain, fatigue are common symptoms of diabetes that have side effects of problems in sex life. At the same time, low blood sugar can also interfere with sexual activity as the blood sugar may drop during intercourse.
Sometimes, long-term use of diabetic medicine also creates problems in sexual health. A study in the Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research vol10 (12); 2016 Dec concluded that common nutrition supplements for diabetes could lead to significant reduction in the testosterone level, sex drive, and low testosterone-induced erectile dysfunction.
Hence, improved glucose control is the number 1 preventive treatment with diabetes complication and best means on how to improve diabetes control. Studies shows that near normal glucose levels can improve erectile dysfunction, body energy level, nerve functions, and promote orgasm.
Now, how to improve blood glucose levels?
- Maintain healthy food habits: Following a diet using nutrition care supplements for Diabetes may help reduce insulin sensitivity and manage sugar on a long-term basis. Opting for high-fiber (fruits and vegetables), complex carbohydrates (daliya, pulses), low GI foods (vegetables), keeps sugar in control and is the best means on how to improve blood glucose levels.
- Exercise: Exercise not only keeps the overall weight in check but also utilizes blood glucose well to prevent high blood sugar. Optimum weight keeps the blood vessels and cells healthy, avoiding damage to the nerves – which are the prime reason for diabetes complication. Get 40-60 minutes of workout daily with 10,000 steps covering per day. This ensures physical and mental fitness and is our second suggestion in how to improve blood glucose levels.
- Include natural herbs: Uncontrolled or fluctuating blood sugar can affect genital organs activity in both males and females. To manage high blood sugar in the long term, use of medications associated with diabetes and depression may have side effects on the sex life. Ancient herbs from Ayurveda are known to treat Erectile Dysfunction. According to research articles published in The Journal of Research Education Indian medicine Oct-Dec 2008 and International Research Journal of Pharmacy 2013, Ayurvedic herbs such as methika, gudmar, vijaysar etc. are effective in treating erectile dysfunction and common ingredients used in Diabetes care supplements. A combination of these herbs is available in FIT BODY Diabetes care by Best Source Nutrition. FIT BODY Diabetes Care is a nutrition supplement for Diabetes, a well-researched standardized formula consisting of a potent mix of these scientifically backed herbs for improving the sex drive. A major ingredient is Gymnemasylvestre, which is a plant with potent anti-diabetic and anti-obesity properties that majorly curbs sugar cravings and stimulates the pancreas to produce more insulin to control blood sugar. It also regenerates islet cells (which produce insulin) and aids how to improve glucose utilization effectively.
- Stop smoking: Narrowing of the arteries may restrict blood flow to the genitals, which smoking regularly causes. Take the giant step and work on stopping smoking. This will not only improve sex life, erectile dysfunction but is also among the best tips on how to improve your overall health.
- Sound sleep: Disturbed sleep is common with long standing uncontrolled diabetes owing to frequent washroom visits. High blood sugar makes one urinate more to balance the blood glucose levels. How to improve on this may include cutting down on caffeine and things that are dehydrating. To manage this condition, opting for a natural product such as FIT BODY- Diabetes care supplement and chamomile herbal tea from BestSource Nutrition can prove to be great option, as they have tested old Ayurvedic components that help in controlling diabetes and recovering sex life.
If you wish to improve and reclaim your sex life while controlling diabetes, regularly managing blood sugar, self-assessment of diabetes and regular & timely intake of diabetes care supplements can resolve problems in the sex life.