PCOD problem is becoming a matter of concern for an increasing number of women. Maintaining a normal body weight is very important in women with PCOD to avoid problems such as high blood sugar levels, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, etc. A PCOD diet, along with right exercise and supplements, can help weight loss and control belly fat.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease,commonly called PCOD, is increasing in women. In the PCOD problem, there is imbalance of the female hormones estrogen andprogesterone, with increase in the male hormone androgen. PCOD problem creates multiple cysts in the affected women’s ovaries, due to over production of male hormones.
Related PCOD problems include weight gain, increased blood sugar levels, irregular menstrual cycle, decreased fertility, high cholesterol levels, among others. More than 50% women with PCODproblem are overweight or obese. One of the important PCOD problemsfaced is high insulin resistance. In this PCOD problem, the body creates high levels of insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels, but the body is unable to use this insulin, resulting in high insulin levels. This highlevelof insulin produces more male hormones leading to acne, hair growth on the body like men, storage of belly fatin the male pattern, etc.
Weight loss for women with PCOD problems is very important and medically advised. However, high insulin levels and hormonal imbalancemake weight loss and losing belly fat very difficult because the high insulin levels and imbalanced hormones combine to directly decrease the metabolic rate. Decreases metabolism makes weight lossa constant struggle. Nonetheless, it must be understood that weight loss while struggling with PCOD problems automatically reduces most symptoms associated with PCOD and helps prevent various PCOD problems. Let us examine the top eight ways for successful weight loss for women grappling with PCOD problems:
- Following a PCOD diet, along with certain exercises, can help in achieving weight loss and control PCOD problems such as high insulin resistance, storage of belly fat and irregular menstrual cycle. A PCOD diet is specifically designed to aid weight loss.
- Since the insulin management of body is poor in patients, a PCOD diet should not contain more than 50% carbohydrates. A PCOD diet should include complex carbohydrates such as starch and fibre. Refined carbohydrates such as white flour and its products like pasta, bread, pizza, cakes, etc. should be completely avoided while undergoing a PCOD diet. Starches in a PCOD diet should be consumed from whole wheat, lentils, pulses, etc.
- The fibre content of a PCOD diet should be high. High fibre foods can help combat insulin resistance by slowing down digestion and reducing blood sugar levels. Some sources of fibre are leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce, fenugreek, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts), gourds, lentils, beans, etc.
- A typical PCOD diet should include at least30% proteins from lean sources such as chicken, fish, tofu, etc. High proteins in the PCOD diet compensate for the lesser amounts of carbohydrate in the diet and provide a feeling of satiety to help you meet your weight loss goals.
- Anti-inflammatory foods such as fruits, berries, nuts, etc. should be included in the PCOD diet to reduce the effects of inflammation on the ovaries.
- Dealing with belly fat in women with PCOD is a challenge. However, symptoms of PCOD problems respond positively to an active lifestyle. Exercises such as running, certain weight training exercises, squats, abdominal exercises and increased physical movement along with PCOD diet can definitely lead to weight loss and help prevent belly fat.
- Addition of a natural weight control supplement such as LOSE FAT™ from BestSource Nutrition along with exercise and a PCOD diet can speed up the weight loss process. It contains natural extract of Garcinia Combogia, green tea, green coffee bean combine to help in suppress appetite as well asincrease exercise endurance and thermogenesis that directly pushes the body’s metabolism. Lose Fat’s cinnamon extract promotes healthy glucose metabolism along with grape seed extract acting as an anti-inflammatory.
LOSE FAT™ helps in targeted loss of belly fat with overall weight loss by decreasing the body’s glucose and fat absorption.
- Dealing with PCOD problems can be frustrating and can lead to stress. Plan your daily/weekly PCOD diet, include outdoor exercises or enjoyable activities such as swimming or dancing which are refreshing and start with some meditation for a relaxed mind.
Treat each PCOD problem symptom individually to help you combat PCOD and control its negative effects on your health and wellbeing.