Hadjod or Cissus quadrangularis is an ancient medicinal herb mentioned in Ayurveda. It is a rich source of Vitamin C and carotenoids. It is used for many remedial purposes such as bone health, obesity, gout, peptic ulcer, scurvy, hemorrhoids, osteoporosis, and irregular menstruation pain reliever.
Bone is a living tissue. The structure of the bone changes as we age, and may result in loss of bone tissues. Good nutrition and exercise play an important role for bone health. In today’s fast paced life, there is limitation and cultural changes in diet and activity which makes it imperative to introduce supplements to keep the body healthy. In food, a combination of natural herbs maintains health in various phases of life. Hadjod or cissus quadrangular is is a perennial plant of the grape family. It was used to heal broken bones, tendons and ligaments in ancient times. Cissus quadrangularis is also called hadjod, Devil’s backbone, Asthisamaharaka, Veldt grape.
Some most beneficial effects of hadjod are:
- Strong bones: Research reveals greater chances of healing fractures with hadjod supplementation. Cissus quad rangular is may help increase uptake of calcium, a key nutrient required for bone strength. Calcium aids in joining broken segments of bones. Hadjod supplementation may also help reduce chances of fracture by 40%. There is also less pain and swelling observed. The new formation of bone takes fewer weeks comparatively. I recommend BestSource nutrition natural supplement cissus quadrangularis extract that improves bone density and heals connective tissues. This may help athletes reduce the risk of possible fracture.
- Promote bone mineralization: Osteoporosis is a softening of bone majorly related to age. Menopause also contributes to loss of bone mass in women with greater risk of fracture. Cissus quadrangularis increases the osteoblasts and bone mineralization process by increasing the uptake of calcium. So, it reduces bone resorption and increases bone formation. This herb is particularly beneficial for post-menopausal women and old people for this notable reason.
- Relieve pain: Hadjod is very rich in Vitamin C, which has anti- inflammatory property. Inflammation can induce pain, swelling and many health issues. Hadjod or Cissus quadrangularis is used by athletes to relieve pain and inflammation. The pain-relieving effect is found as potent as Aspirin. BestSource nutrition’s natural supplement Cissus Quadrangularis extract is a natural herb beneficial for gym-goer athletes to perform better by reducing inflammation.
- Decreases post workout injuries: Since Cissus quadrangularis possess anti-glucocorticoid properties, it is beneficial for athletes and body-builders. Glucocorticoids, along with the body’s cortisol hormone, may induce muscle breakdown, loss of skeletal muscle proteins and weakens the bones. Here, Cissusquadrangularis is a competitor to glucocorticoids. Cissus quadrangularisis anabolic in nature and increases bone tensile strength. During periods of stress, over-training, or illness, the cortisol level rises, this can be halted by using Cissus Qudrangularis supplements.
- Helps weight loss and reduces cardiovascular risk: Supplementation of Hadjod or Cissus quadrangularis, with exercise and natural diet, has shown very good results with weight loss. It helps burn fat and increases muscle mass, along with managing appetite. Several studies have noticed positive built up of lean muscle mass, which helps boost metabolism and burn more calories. It helps in reducing the absorption of dietary fat and staying satiated. Obesity, high body fat percentage, central obesity, or high waist to hip ratio can put one at risk of cardiovascular diseases. This supplement helps reducing the bad LDL-cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides. Many studies suggest that it also helps in increasing HDL- the good cholesterol.
Right from obesity, weak bone, diabetes, upset stomach, high cholesterol, fighting malaria to body building, hadjod natural herbal supplements are a part of keeping oneself pain free and healthy.